Re: Accessing declared value of attribute in Jade

Subject: Re: Accessing declared value of attribute in Jade
From: Daniel Speck <dspeck@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 1997 16:41:04 -0400
James Clark wrote:

> Daniel Speck wrote:
>
> > I have run into a problem that I can't seem to solve. For each element
> > in the instance I need to find the declared value of each non-implied
> > attribute and if it is ENTITY or ENTITIES, I need to do further
> > processing to obtain the external identifier(s) and notation(s). The
> > problem I am having is that I can find no way to obtain information
> > about the declared value of an attribute. Can anyone tell me how?
>
> You can't find get the declared value of an attribute, but your problem
> is just to find whether an attribute is an ENTITY or ENTITIES attribute,
> right? You can do this by looking at the entity property on the
> attribute value token node in the value of the attribute.

Okay, I still can't seem to get to the "attribute value token node" in
the value
of the attribute. I created a small test SGML instance:

<!DOCTYPE test [
<!ELEMENT test o o (graphic+)>
<!ELEMENT graphic - o EMPTY>
<!ATTLIST graphic
          name ENTITY #implied

<!NOTATION tiff SYSTEM "tiff">
<!ENTITY foo SYSTEM "foo.tif" NDATA tiff>
]>
<graphic name=foo>

and a small DSSSL style spec:

<!doctype style-sheet PUBLIC "-//James Clark//DTD DSSSL Style
Sheet//EN">

(define debug
  (external-procedure "UNREGISTERED::James Clark//Procedure::debug"))

(element (graphic)
  (let* ((node (current-node))
         (attlist (attributes node))
         (nameatt (debug (named-node "name" attlist)))
         (nameval (debug (node-property "value" nameatt)))
         ; The next line doesn't work. Jade just says:
         ;   jade:attr.dsl:11:19:E: no value for node property
"attvaltk"
         ; I can't seem to get to the "attribute value token node" in
the
         ; value of the attribute
         (attvaltk (debug (node-property "attvaltk" nameval)))
         )

    (empty-sosofo)))

I don't know how to access the attribute value token node. Can someone
give me a pointer?

-dan

--
Daniel Speck                              e-mail: dspeck@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Research Engineer                          voice:     +1 301.548.7818