Re: Attribute String...

Subject: Re: Attribute String...
From: Norman Walsh <norm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 1997 12:22:32 -0400
"Lassi A. Tuura" <Lassi.Tuura@xxxxxxx> writes:
> Norman Walsh wrote:
> > By the way, comments from scheme experts on the efficiency and
> > style of my code wouldn't be unwelcome.  I'm just feeling my way
> > about.
>
> I might be inclined to use one list with different cases combined to
> sublists.  That way you could use a simple map function that just takes
> `car', `cadr' or `caddr' of the sublists, instead of index-based
> searches in the lists as you do now.  You could even use `assoc' on such
> a list, but unfortunately it will work one way only (but at least either
> casing operation will be fast :-).

I thought two lists would be easier to maintain (and customize for other
alphabets) than an explicitly constructed character-by-character mapping.
I could be wrong...

> > (define (list-member-get elementlist count)
>
> I think you could use `list-ref' builtin instead.

These and the other suggestions I will have to look at more
closely.  (Airport snack bars aren't particularly condusive to
thoughtful analysis ;-) Thanks!

--norm