DSSSL capabilities - was RE: TOC problem with HTML32 dsssl

Subject: DSSSL capabilities - was RE: TOC problem with HTML32 dsssl
From: "Pawson, David" <DPawson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 1997 07:55:06 +0100
Paul P wrote:
DSSSL does not allow you to check the contents of a sosofo at all. This
allows higher-performance implementations. Usually you don't need this.

Can I venture to suggest that this is needed in one case.
DSSSL provides (as I can see today) most of what is needed
to go from text into braille. The missing element is the application
of contractions, which abbreviates words to reduce the bulk of
braille text.

I was hoping to access the actual text content to apply the contractions
(using scheme like capabilities), then format the contracted text.
 Can anyone confirm that the content of an element _is_ 'hidden' behind
the veil?

Fingers crossed

From: Dave Pawson. RNIB(UK)
e-mail dpawson@xxxxxxxxxxx