Run Jade on XML Files?

Subject: Run Jade on XML Files?
From: Kenneth Bandes <kbandes@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 1997 13:38:25 -0500
Sorry to drag down the level of the conversation, but I have a (probably very simple) question:  how can I get Jade to apply a style sheet to an XML file?  I am no expert with this stuff, but I have been able to get a sample style sheet to work with a sample SGML file.  However, I have been unable to do the same with an XML file.  Jade complains about many things, including the lack of - or O designations in the element definitions in my DTD (which are of course unnecessary for XML since you can't suppress tags).  I've searched the DSSSL mailing list archives, the Jade documentation, and the latest issue of O'Reilly's World Wide Web Journal (special XML issue) but I haven't found an answer.

Note that I am not trying to produce XML, I am trying to use it as input and produce RTF or HTML.

I notice that Jade comes with files called xml.dcl and xml.soc.  xml.dcl appears to be an SGML declaration for XML.  These are tantalizing but I don't know what to do with them.  Anyone care to help?  Feel free to respond by email to kbandes@xxxxxxxxxx if you don't think this is of general interest.

Thanks very much.

Ken Bandes
kbandes@xxxxxxxxxx