Re: jadetex/entities/unicode

Subject: Re: jadetex/entities/unicode
From: James Clark <jjc@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 09 Oct 1998 09:39:22 +0700
Jade currently has an internal mapping between SGML SDATA entity names
and Unicode (in style/sdata.h).  How does this relate? Is it in sync? I
would guess there are mappings from SDATA entity names to TeX (in the
AFII registry I think)? There are definitely some cases where's there's
room for choice, and I think we need to make sure the backends behave
consistently (or maybe leverage glyph-id characteristic).  Maybe the TeX
backend could recognize a glyph-id with public identifier something like
"UNREGISTERED::TeX Users Group//Glyph Id::xyzzy" as mapping onto a
character \xyzzy in TeX?