Re: question about spacing around nested display flow object

Subject: Re: question about spacing around nested display flow object
From: "Valeriy E. Ushakov" <uwe@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 01:54:15 +0400
On Mon, Oct 19, 1998 at 12:11:18PM +0100, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:

> Thomas Corte writes:
>
>  > Section 12.5.4.1 of the DSSSL spec contains some information of
>  > the proposed handling of adjacent display spaces. If one considers
>  > the display spaces of the nested blocks as "adjacent", I think it
>  > should be 30pt here.
>
> well, thats the question - is "nested" the same as "adjacent"? I am
> not convinced....

Since display-group flob (12.6.2) is "formatted to produce the
concatenation of the areas produced by each of its children" , and
since space-before: and space-after: are objects "of type
display-space specifying space to be inserted before (after) ... the
areas produced by the flow object" - I read this that the nesting is
effectively flattened and the before/after spaces from the two display
groups are in fact adjacent.

SY, Uwe
--
uwe@xxxxxxxxxxx                         |       Zu Grunde kommen