Re: Distribution permissions for DSSSL spec?

Subject: Re: Distribution permissions for DSSSL spec?
From: Jon.Bosak@xxxxxxxxxxx (Jon Bosak)
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 1998 13:31:18 -0800
[Norm Walsh, quoting me:]

| | The DynaText version is not identical to the one published by ISO.
| | It's the very very last committee draft and differs from the published
| | version (if I remember correctly) by three commas.  I can't recall
| | whether it has three commas more or three commas less than the ISO
| | version, but I do remember that they don't change the meaning of
| | anything.
|
| Do you know if it differs from the SGML sources at ftp.ornl.gov
| by more than three commas?  (e.g., did the <FIXME>s get fixed ;-)

The stuff at ftp.ornl.gov is the ISO/IEC DSSSL standard itself.  James
Mason, bless his heart, consulted with his lawyers at ORNL and then
took the position that since U.S. taxpayers' money had gone into the
work, the U.S. Government had a right to publish it.  From the fact
that the sources are still out there on the ORNL site, I conclude that
ISO finally found itself up against an organization too big to
intimidate.

Jon