DocBook stylesheets version 1.22

Subject: DocBook stylesheets version 1.22
From: Norman Walsh <ndw@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 1998 11:05:11 -0500
I've just put version 1.22 of the DocBook stylesheets up
at http://nwalsh.com/docbook/dsssl/db122.zip.

Please give it a try.  This will become the next official
release tomorrow or Thursday if no errors are reported.

Changes since version 1.20 (1998-10-30)

This distribution includes frames support (IE only), an HTML DTD to
which the output of the HTML stylesheet conforms, and a tool for
automatically building HTML indexes

Changes to docbook/*

  | 1998-11-03  Norman Walsh  <ndw@xxxxxxxxxx>
  |
  | 	* TODO: No one has ever asked for the use-current-language
  | 	parameter, so I'm going to take doing it off the
  | 	todo list.
  |
  | 	Added documentation to the todo list ;-)
  |
  | 	* BUGS: Automatically generated HTML indexes are now
  | 	supported.
  |
  | 	* README: Updated
  |
  | 	* docbook.dcl: New file.
  |
  | 	* catalog: Added new PUBLIC identifiers; reorganized.

Changes to docbook/lib/*

  | 1998-11-03  Norman Walsh  <ndw@xxxxxxxxxx>
  |
  | 	* dblib.dsl: Version 1.22 released.
  |
  | 1998-11-02  Norman Walsh  <ndw@xxxxxxxxxx>
  |
  | 	* dblib.dsl: Version 1.21 created (not for release, just
  | 	to checkpoint another project).

Changes to docbook/common/*

  | 1998-11-03  Norman Walsh  <ndw@xxxxxxxxxx>
  |
  | 	* dbcommon.dsl, dbtable.dsl: Version 1.22 released.
  |
  | 1998-11-02  Norman Walsh  <ndw@xxxxxxxxxx>
  |
  | 	* dbcommon.dsl: Version 1.21 created (not for release, just
  | 	to checkpoint another project).
  |
  | 1998-11-01  Norman Walsh  <ndw@xxxxxxxxxx>
  |
  | 	* dbl1it.dsl, dbl1it.ent: Fixes
  |
  | 	* dbtable.dsl:
  | 	Moved cell-colsep and cell-rowsep back into the print version.
  | 	They only apply there.

Changes to docbook/print/*

  | 1998-11-03  Norman Walsh  <ndw@xxxxxxxxxx>
  |
  | 	* version.dsl: Version 1.22 released.
  |
  | 	* dbblock.dsl: Fixed spacing around titles that appear after a formal
  | 	object.
  |
  | 1998-11-02  Norman Walsh  <ndw@xxxxxxxxxx>
  |
  | 	* version.dsl: Version 1.21 created (not for release, just
  | 	to checkpoint another project).
  |
  | 	* docbook.dsl: Refer to dblib.dsl by public ID instead of system ID
  |
  | 1998-11-01  Norman Walsh  <ndw@xxxxxxxxxx>
  |
  | 	* dbblock.dsl: Added support for ($object-titles-after$).
  | 	Fixed bug in table footnotes where a footnote in the
  | 	header appeared bold in the footnote list.
  |
  | 	* dbparam.dsl: Added ($object-titles-after$). Returns a list of
  | 	elements. The titles of elements in that list
  | 	appear below the objects instead of above them.
  |
  | 	* dbtable.dsl: Fixed bugs in handling of cell and row borders.
  |
  | 	* dblink.dsl: Support XREF to CO
  |
  | 	* dbbibl.dsl: Include 'bookbiblio' in the list of elements that
  | 	should be ignored in 'biblioentry'.
  |
  | 	* dbautoc.dsl: Made TOC/LOT titles into links
  |
  | 1998-10-31  Norman Walsh  <ndw@xxxxxxxxxx>
  |
  | 	* dbtable.dsl: Removed debug message accidentally left in place
  |
  | 	* dbblock.dsl: Improved formating of epigraphs

Changes to docbook/html/*

  | 1998-11-03  Norman Walsh  <ndw@xxxxxxxxxx>
  |
  | 	* version.dsl: Version 1.22 released.
  |
  | 	* dbnavig.dsl: Fixed bug in non-table footer navigation.
  |
  | 	* dbnavig.dsl:
  | 	Changed naming of section-level files.  Since I've switched
  | 	to all-element-number, there's no benefit in the chapter
  | 	prefix.
  |
  | 	* dblink.dsl: Fixed callout XREF
  |
  | 	* dbindex.dsl: Fixed so that legal HTML is generated
  |
  | 	* dbparam.dsl: Added my own version of the HTML dtd to dtds/html,
  | 	changed the declaration appropriately.
  |
  | 	Turned off %fix-para-wrappers%; it's an ugly hack.
  | 	The new DTD allows blocks to be nested.
  |
  | 1998-11-03  Norman Walsh  <ndw@xxxxxxxxxx>
  |
  | 	* version.dsl: Version 1.22 released.
  |
  | 	* dbnavig.dsl:
  | 	Changed naming of section-level files.  Since I've switched
  | 	to all-element-number, there's no benefit in the chapter
  | 	prefix.
  |
  | 	* dblink.dsl: Fixed callout XREF
  |
  | 	* dbindex.dsl: Fixed so that legal HTML is generated
  |
  | 	* dbparam.dsl: Added my own version of the HTML dtd to dtds/html,
  | 	changed the declaration appropriately.
  |
  | 	Turned off %fix-para-wrappers%; it's an ugly hack.
  | 	The new DTD allows blocks to be nested.
  |
  | 1998-11-02  Norman Walsh  <ndw@xxxxxxxxxx>
  |
  | 	* version.dsl: Version 1.21 created (not for release, just
  | 	to checkpoint another project).
  |
  | 	* docbook.dsl: Refer to dblib.dsl by public ID instead of system ID
  |
  | 1998-11-01  Norman Walsh  <ndw@xxxxxxxxxx>
  |
  | 	* dbblock.dsl: Added support for ($object-titles-after$).
  |
  | 	* dbparam.dsl: Added ($object-titles-after$). Returns a list of
  | 	elements. The titles of elements in that list
  | 	appear below the objects instead of above them.
  |
  | 	* dblink.dsl: Support XREF to CO.
  |
  | 	* dbbibl.dsl: Include 'bookbiblio' in the list of elements that
  | 	should be ignored in 'biblioentry'.
  |
  | 1998-10-31  Norman Walsh  <ndw@xxxxxxxxxx>
  |
  | 	* dbautoc.dsl: Added support for annotated TOCs.  (A TOC of REFENTRYs
  | 	can include the REFPURPOSEs.)
  |
  | 	* dbparam.dsl: Added %annotate-toc%
  |
  | 	* dbblock.dsl: Improved formatting of epigraphs.

Changes to docbook/bin/*

  | 1998-11-01  Norman Walsh  <ndw@xxxxxxxxxx>
  |
  | 	* collateindex.pl: Added support for SCOPE.  New options -S and -I.
  | 	Added support for SETINDEX.  New option -x.
  |
  | 	* collateindex.pl: Fixed 'sortats' typos and added -i option to put an
  | 	ID on the generated INDEX.

Changes to docbook/dtds/html/*

  | 1998-11-03  Norman Walsh  <ndw@xxxxxxxxxx>
  |
  | 	* dbhtml.dtd: Added SPAN, fixed some attributes, added a few new
  | 	character entities
  |
  | 	* dbhtml.dcl: Expanded range of legal characters
  |
  | 	* catalog, ISOlat1.gml, dbhtml.dcl, dbhtml.dtd, test.htm: New file.

Changes to docbook/test/cases/*

  | 1998-11-03  Norman Walsh  <ndw@xxxxxxxxxx>
  |
  | 	* iterms.sgm: New file.
  |
  | 	* tables.sgm: Added FRAME=TOPBOT test