Re: converting multiple files with Jade...

Subject: Re: converting multiple files with Jade...
From: Norman Walsh <ndw@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 1998 08:31:19 -0500
| Even if Jade itself has no functionality for multiple file processing, there
| are ways to do it I assume. Could anyone tell me from experience what's the
| best way to go about it? I have a large collection - thousands of files in
| hundreds of directories - of help files in well-formed XML and a dsssl
| specification to convert them to HTML.
|
| I also read something about memory problems with Jade; do these occur mainly
| if you have a large DTD, or also if you have a lot of files to process?

I don't know of any memory-related bugs, but Jade does build the grove in
memory so if you process a huge document, it'll take a lot of memory.

In your case, do these thousands of files have to be processed together,
or could they be converted one at a time (or in small groups)?

                                        Cheers,
                                          norm
--
Norman Walsh <ndw@xxxxxxxxxx>      | Contrary to popular belief, Unix