Re: Jade 1.2 and JadeTeX

Subject: Re: Jade 1.2 and JadeTeX
From: Adam Di Carlo <apharris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 16 Dec 1998 15:32:03 -0500
To start with, I'd like to apologize for Debian's jadetex being broken
for so long now.  I'm trying to fix it.

"David" == David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
>> I have updated my tetex distribution to the Debian GNU/Linux
>> unstable
>
> ^^^^^^^ sebastian (jadtex) and thomas (tetex) have fixed this (I got
> CC'ed on the discussion for some reason or other:-) So no doubt
> it'll be fixed in the next release. Until then just do something
> like

> /usr/lib/texmf/tex/latex/config/hyperref.cfg ! Missing number,
> treated as zero.  <to be read again> \pdfoutput l.5
> \ifx\pdfoutput\undefined\else\ifcase\pdfoutput

> just above that line of hyperref.cfg add something like

> \ifx\pdfoutput\relax \let\pdfoutput\undefined\fi

> don't ask:-)

Hmm... I'm having serious problems trying to fix jadetex.  First off,
there *is* no file hyperref.cfg.

I've got it mostly fixed but I can't get pdfjadetex to work unless I
change the

 \RequirePackage[implicit=false,bookmarks=false]{hyperref}[1998/08/08

 \RequirePackage{hyperref}[1998/08/08]

This does smell like some sort of wierd tetex bug.  Is it filed?  Is
there a better way for me to workaround?  Could I conditionally use
this line based on whether I'm running pdfjadetex vs jadetex?

I've got all the other problems fixed.  Notably, I'm using fmtutil
with it's own config file to create the .fmt files.  Sebastian, would
you be interested in my fmtutil.cnf file?   It is:

# jadefmtutil.cnf: configuration file for fmtutil; jadetex flavor.
# invoke as fmtutil --cnffile fmtutil.cnf --all
#
# format        engine  pattern-file    arguments
jadetex         tex     language.dat    \&latex jadetex.ini
pdfjadetex      pdftex  language.dat    \&pdflatex pdfjadetex.ini

--
.....Adam Di Carlo....adam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<URL:http://www.onShore.com/>