RE: Entity files for Jade/DocBook?

Subject: RE: Entity files for Jade/DocBook?
From: MARK.WROTH@xxxxxxxxxxx (Wroth, Mark)
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 1999 10:40:44 -0800
I've been using Word 7.0 (Word 95), and it appears not to choke on the
Unicode specified characters -- it just produces either the wrong glyph
or a question mark (depending on the character in question). For
example, &agr; produces the glyph I would have expected for (IIRC)
é (the specific example is at home at the moment, so I'm going
from memory).

But I'm having a conceptual problem with your suggestion to use the math
flow objects.  I thought that by the time the DSSSL process was
underway, the SGML parser had already replaced entity references with
their definitions?  So how would one apply a flow object to a defined
entity?  Obviously I'm either ignorant or confused (or both :-).

	Does it matter that I'm attempting to use DocBook without
extension (i.e. without adding elements to the DTD for math markup [yet,
anyway; I'm finding pure DocBook's lack of math markup to be a problem,
but have not yet attacked the question of how to extend it])?