RE: About a very useful tool

Subject: RE: About a very useful tool
From: "Didier PH Martin" <martind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 1999 19:15:35 -0500
Hi David

<YourComment>
Any TeX distribution will have a dvi viewer (dvi being texs output
format) there of dozens of different ones for just about every possible
machine type. This isn't really the right list, contact me off line or
have a look at http://www.tug.org. (the tex user group)

If you want a tex setup for the non tex user you might be best to use
not tex but pdftex a variant which takes the same input but produces
adobe acrobat pdf format output instead of dvi. then you can use acrobat
as the viewer, which some people may be more familiar with.

<Reply>
I am really ingnorant on Tex stuff so forgive me for so little knowledge.
Your solution seems very interesting because there is a good free PDF viewer
from ADOBE. And this component is a browser plug-in that works with either
MS Explorer or Mozilla. If I understand you well, the Jadetex output could
be pdftex instead of DVI and then get the created PDF document displayed in
the PDF viewer. Is it right?

Regards
Didier PH Martin
mailto:martind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx