ifollow question

Subject: ifollow question
From: "Pawson, David" <DPawson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 12:19:06 -0000
In a drama dtd,
to produce
speaker: speech .......
as a single para.

I'm trying with ifollow.

(element speaker
  (make paragraph
      (make sequence
      (process-children)
      (literal ": ")
      (if (string=? (gi (ifollow (current-node))) "speech") ; tried "SPEECH"
as well.
      (process-node-list
       (ifollow (current-node)))
      (literal"Nope")    ;; ? debug??
      ))))
(element speech (empty-sosofo))

I'm not getting any output, despite the sibling speech being there
in the source.

As usual, I don't understand the guidelines / digest
<quote>
Returns the mapping over nl of the function on a node that returns the
immediately following sibling of the node, if any. This
could be defined as follows:snip </quote>

the bit I focussed on was 'returns the immediately following sibling.

I do want the immediate following sibling, am I using the right procedure?

Any help appreciated.

regards, daveP