RE: Hypergroves

Subject: RE: Hypergroves
From: "Russell Steven Shawn O'Connor" <roconnor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 17:23:40 -0500 (EST)
On Tue, 23 Feb 1999, Avi Kivity wrote:

> Here's an example:
<snip>

I understand this, but it's not quite the answer to the question I have.
I know that the grove data structure can contain urefnodes. This will link
nodes in one grove to nodes in another grove.  Obviously the ENTITY
reference you suggest links a node to the root of another grove.  I want
to know if there is a natural way in SGML to link one node (element) to
another specific node (element) in another grove (another SGML file).

I can fake this process by using to attributes.  One the entity of the
other file (giving me the root of the grove) and another attribute of
NMTOKEN type to give me the ID of the element in the other file (giving me
a paticular node in the other grove).  This process just seems less than
optimal.

--
Russell O'Connor                           roconnor@xxxxxxxxxxxx
    <URL:http://www.undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca/%7Eroconnor/>