Re: jade/tex experience

Subject: Re: jade/tex experience
From: Thomas Corte <thomas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 May 1999 11:44:18 +0200 (MESZ)
On 4 May 1999, Joerg Wittenberger wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> today I reached the limits of jade+jadetex.  Surprisingly the "normal"
> installations broke down with "tex capacity exceeded, sorry [hash
> size=10000]."
>
> Sure it must be possible to fix that by recompiling tex.
>
> Did anybody prepare documents with 400+ pages using
> jade+{jadetex|pdfjadetex}?

I encountered those limits even preparing documents with
fewer pages. Fortunately, "modern" TeX implementations
allow changing those parameters without recompiling.

I have

hash_extra = 15000

in

$(TEXROOTDIR)/texmf/web2c/texmf.cnf

which helped in my case.

     |       |
     | knipp |                   Knipp  Medien und Kommunikation oHG
      -------                           Technologiepark
                                        Martin-Schmeisser-Weg 9
                                        D-44227 Dortmund
     Thomas Corte                       Fon: 0231-9703-0
     thomas@xxxxxxxx                    Fax: 0231-9703-200