Re: Jade/DSSSL future

Subject: Re: Jade/DSSSL future
From: "Sebastian Rahtz" <sebastian.rahtz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 May 1999 11:29:20 +0100 (BST)
Adam Di Carlo writes:
 > >From a cynic's standpoint, XSL-FO is still 2 years off, and definately
 > there's no guarantee it itself won't hit critical implementation flaws
 > and problems.  The fact that big corporations are shoveling money into
 > it helps but doesn't guarantee success.  Anyhow, I'm not trying to

I don't buy this "2 years" thing. either we'll see plausible XSL
FO-based printing by Christmas, or never. If one cannot whip up a
thing that takes FOs and runs them through, say,  TeX within a few
months of the next release of XSL, then it'll be because its fatally
flawed. That'll buy you printing of XML files via a single XSL
route. I dont say we'll see *browsers* implementing FO interpretation
so fast, but maybe

Sebastian