jade from browser

Subject: jade from browser
From: "Jakub Nosek" <nosek@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 1999 13:37:44 +0200
>  Hi,
>    I am looking for a way to start jade for executing a dsssl-script on my
>   server
>   from a client's browser. The web server is IIS 4.0 on Windows NT 4.0
>  and I would like to run the dsssl-script with jade also on this computer.
>  Since I currently just want to give ten colleagues from other
universities
>  the chance to use this within a cooperation project,
>  it is right now not necessary to get a very high performance.
>  Has anyone experiences or ideas?
>  I'm sorry - I searched the list archive already but couldn't find remarks
>  on jade from web browsers.

Hallo,

solution is relatively simple. From my point of view, you have two ways how
to do it:

1) Install support for cgi-bin applications for IIS and run jade from this
environment
2) Write COM object and call this from ASP page. It means you write COM
object
    (ActiveX component) in any higher language (e.g. VB, VC++, VJ++,
Delphi).
    This object can run arbitrary program from command line (also Jade).
    And this object you can call from ASP script as a server-side component.
    (via CreateObject method). Description is difficult, but you can do it
several
    minutes. Notice in the end. This way you can also connect databases,
perform
    complex computing on the server side etc.

Have a nice day,

James

Mgr. Jakub Nosek j.
Senior Consultant