Re: Where is Paul Prescod?

Subject: Re: Where is Paul Prescod?
From: Ron Ross <ronross@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 1999 16:15:16 -0400 (EDT)
> someone recently brought to my attention that the link to Paul
> Prescods Introduction to DSSSL is dead. It used to be at
> http://itrc.uwaterloo.ca/~papresco/dsssl/tutorial.html, but all you'll
> get is a 404. Does anyone know about a new location? Does anyone
> have an archive copy? Does anyone have a replacement for the very
> first time DSSSL user? I still have a paper copy, but this is tricky
> to post on a web page... Thanks Markus

Hi Markus,

I have a local copy of Paul's tutorial (the HTML version downloaded
directly). I could send this to you, post it for downloading on my Web
site or upload it somewhere (at www.netfolder.com? -- which also has a
dead link to it). I don't know about the niceties of doing this without
Paul's express approval, though I doubt he would argue with the spirit
of such action. I also doubt he will remain absent for long; in fact,
you'll find a sort of groves manifesto at:
       http://www.prescod.net/groves/shorttut/

which seems for now to be the only document on the site. It also has a
more up-to-date (July 1999) mailto: paul@xxxxxxxxxxxx

This was my own introduction to DSSSL, and I still think it's a fine
starting point.

Let me know,

Ron