RE: About XML to multiple language/multiple outputs

Subject: RE: About XML to multiple language/multiple outputs
From: "Frank A. Christoph" <christo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 12:24:03 +0900
> > Frank said:
> > If the query-rule construct can be simplified so as to make it
> universal,
> > i.e., so that all the other rules can be expressed in terms of
> it, then I'm
> > all in favor of it.
> >
> > Didier answer:
> > Good.
> >

> No need to do anything here, query is already universal.

Maybe semantically, but not in practice. I meant something along the lines
of how natural numbers can be encoded as lambda-functions (Church numerals),
or derived expressions in Scheme can be defined by macro definitions. In
other words, the equivalence should expressible in the language itself.

--FC