pretty printer and PCDATA

Subject: pretty printer and PCDATA
From: Jany Quintard <quintard.j@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 1999 09:39:44 +0200 (MEST)
Hi all.
I guess this was adressed in the past, but can't remember how or find
a solution.
I am processing an XML file using OpenJade.
The XML is generated and pretty-printed.
My problem is that when I use data to retrieve the content of an
element nmlist, which appears so:
        <nameloc ID="entity5_lpublish">
          <nmlist nametype="entity">entity5
          </nmlist>
        </nameloc>

I get this:
jade:/xo/vpp/sgml/stylesheet-dev/tmp.dsl:182:29:I: debug ""entity5

          ""
So, the following process fails.
By the way, according to the definition of nmlist:
<!ELEMENT  nmlist           (#PCDATA)* >
this is not completely awkward.

So, the question : is it allowed to pretty-print such an element ?
Does anyone know of a solution or a workaround ?

TIA. Jany.