Re: external-graphic import error

Subject: Re: external-graphic import error
From: Brandon Ibach <bibach@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 18:27:33 -0600
Quoting Darrell W. Royter <droyter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Last week I ad asked for help on importing a graphic and the
> response I received sent me on a trail so long I can't recall how I
> got to the point I'm at now.

   Well, I *did* suggest that you send an example of your input
document, and you never did, so don't cry about a lack of a solution
here, bud! *smirk*

> So I dug around some more and came up with this
>
> (element artwork
>   (make external-graphic
>     entity-system-id:
>      (string-append
>        (attribute-string
>          (select-elements (children (ancestor "file")) "artwork"))".jpg")
>     notation-system-id: "jpg" ))
>
> Instead of getting the usual "Hey, you can't put a whatchamacallit
> in an atomic such and such" message, I got this:
>
> 1st argument for primitive "attribute-string" of wrong type:
> "#<unknown object 13538296>" not a string.

   That would be because (attribute-string) takes a string containing
the name of the attribute as its first argument, and the singleton
node list of the element second.  The second argument is optional,
however, and defaults to the current node.  Try this:

  (element artwork (make external-graphic entity-system-id:
    (string-append (attribute-string "FILE") ".jpg")))

   This assumes that <artwork> has a "file" attribute containing the
name of the image file without the ".jpg" extension.  Now, if you had
sent me that input example, I wouldn't have had to guess! *tsk, tsk* :)
   Let me know if this works.  If not, feel free to privately mail me
your document and stylesheet, and I'll see what I can do.

-Brandon :)