RE: Rendering to PDF and PS

Subject: RE: Rendering to PDF and PS
From: Gary Stainburn <gary.stainburn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 1999 14:24:37 -0000
-----Original Message-----
From:	Norman Walsh (NW) [SMTP:ndw@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent:	Wednesday, December 01, 1999 1:03 PM
To:	dssslist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject:	Re: Rendering to PDF and PS

NW>/ Gary Stainburn <gary.stainburn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> was heard to say:
NW>| 1) the revision details get rendered without spaces (even if I put spaces inside the tags).
NW>| becomes
NW>| Revision 1.05 November 1999
NW>
NW>I think this is a JadeTeX table handling bug. I don't know what
NW>to do about it.

I (currently) know as little about Jade/JadeTeX as I do about dsssl, but I'll see what I can see.  Could you suggest a better place to ask for help?

NW>Umm. Hmm. Anyone else have this problem?

I'd be interested to hear, and if so, how they got round it.

NW>| 3)  Footnotes are placed at the end of chapters and not at the foot of the page.
NW>
NW>Run Jade with the -V tex-backend and -V bop-footnotes options, or put
NW>definitions in a custom stylesheet for them. Does that help?

Ditto on point 1 again here.  I simply run the scripts db2pdf and db2ps that came with the rpms.  I'll have a look at what they do and how they do it.

Thanks Norm.

B.T.W., I love Docbook TDG and it's on my Amazon wish list for when the boss releases the purse strings.

NW>                                        Cheers,
NW>                                          norm
NW>
NW>--
NW>Norman Walsh <ndw@xxxxxxxxxx>      | The hundred billion galaxies of
NW>http://nwalsh.com/                 | our visible universe, each with a
[snip]

Gary Stainburn.
Work: http://www.ringways.co.uk gary.stainburn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
REVCOM: http://www.revcom.dhs.org http://www.revcom.org.uk gary.stainburn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
The nice thing about standards is that there are so many of them to choose from. -- Andrew S. Tanenbaum

<<application/ms-tnef>>