Re: [ANNOUNCE] OpenJade 1.3 binaries for Windows NT/2000 available

Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCE] OpenJade 1.3 binaries for Windows NT/2000 available
From: Alexander Sieb <alex@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 16:11:11 +0100
Jany Quintard wrote:

> On Wed, 8 Mar 2000, Alexander Sieb wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > you can download OpenJade binary installation for Windows NT/2000 from
> >
> >   http://www.sscd.de/openjade
> > Notes:
> > I compiled them on my machine last weekend using the sources from
> > openjade.sourceforge.net, because I couldn't find any binaries on the net.
> > I had to make some adjustments to the build process in order to get the
> > sources compiled the right way. Think nobody has tested that before.
> > A patch against the sources will also be available in the not so far future,
> > I think.
> >
> > Any comments?
> Nothing special. We just downloaded it (to have our win tools in phase
> with the linux ones).
> It works. We are just wondering why it was neede to reboot the station
> (because it is windows, maybe ?)
> Can you tell us if you .exe installs (dlls...) or modify any files
> outside of the openjade directory ?

The most recent version of msvcrt.dll from Visual Studio SP 3 is installed in the
system32 dir. A newer version won't be replaced, of course.
That's all.
Btw. the installer writes a log file to the installation directory (install.log).
Every single change to the system is documented there.

> And anyway, many thanks.

It's always good to get some positive feedback.

--
cu Alex
alex@xxxxxxx