sub-sections in Header

Subject: sub-sections in Header
From: "Nelson,Robert" <robert.nelson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 12:45:52 -0600
I am wondering if there is any way to get sub-sections to appear in the
header -
given this kind of structure:
<DOCUMENT>
 <SECTION id="1">
  ...contents
   <SUB-SECTION id="1.1">
     ...contents
   </SUB-SECTION>
   <SUB-SECTION id="1.2">
    ...contents
   </SUB-SECTION>
 </SECTION>
</DOCUMENT>

I would like a page to appear as such:
-------------------------
Header = Sub-Section 1.1
-------------------------
   section contents...
   sub-section contents...
-------------------------
Footer = Section 1 - pg.1
-------------------------

I thought that perhaps I needed to do a 2 process step - outputting to an
xml file such as this the first time:
<PAGES>
  <PAGE page-number="1" sub-section="1.1"/>
  <PAGE page-number="2" sub-section="1.2"/>
  <PAGE page-number="3" sub-section="1.4"/>(if page 2 had both 1.2 and 1.3)
  etc...
</PAGES>
then use "read-entity" to read the file, select the <PAGE/> matching the
current-sosofo id, and put that into the header.
I don't really know how to do this though.

	Is there a way to write to a seperate file while still processing
the DSSSL?
	Is there a way to tell exactly where you are in the node processing
when a new page is created?
	Anybody have any ideas?

	It seems like this is similar to a dictionary putting the current
word in the header, so maybe others would want to do the same thing.
Thanks