Re: belle page

Subject: Re: belle page
From: Brandon Ibach <bibach@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 12:28:35 -0500
Quoting Jany Quintard <quintard.j@xxxxxx>:
> Is there a way to force the beginning of a chapter on an odd numbered
> page (a page on the right side of the book ?). The frenche name must be
> something like "belle page", but I don't know the english name :-(

   Alas, there appears to be no way to force this in [Open]Jade, right
now, as the simple-page-sequence object doesn't support any mechanism
to do so.  It seems we'd have to have support for the page object, or
some type of non-standard extension to simple-page-sequence.
   Interestingly, the page object itself doesn't look (to my untrained
eye) like it would be that difficult to support.  It's the column-set
object that look horrendously complicated.  Perhaps it would not be so
hard to support the page object, coupled with a fairly simplistic
non-standard (or just a subset of the standard) column-set object.  It
may be worth looking into, but of course, we'd need to have the
experts in the various formatting backends give their opinions on the
difficulty involved.

-Brandon :)