Re: DTD less conversions.

Subject: Re: DTD less conversions.
From: Tony Graham <tgraham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 May 2000 16:07:06 -0400 (EST)
At 5 May 2000 10:31 +0100, Pawson, David wrote:
 > I have a script which uses an xml source document.
 > For various reasons I needed to do a double transform,
 > using xslt, prior to producing the print version in RTF.
 >
 > I forgot to add the dtd reference to the first transform,
 > hence the document fed to jade had no dtd.
 >
 > Strangely, the only notable difference was that the line
 > spacing was expanded.

I'm curious:  was the line spacing expanded for all elements or just
for the elements for which whitespace is significant?

It seems to me that all that whitespace in element content should give
you is extra space characters, not extra vertical space between lines
of text.

Regards,

Tony Graham
Tony Graham                            mailto:tgraham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
17 West Jefferson Street                    Direct Phone: 301/315-9632