Newbie Qs

Subject: Newbie Qs
From: Faber Fedor <revf2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2000 14:36:59 -0400
(This is the third time I've sent this.  Let's hope three times really is a
charm...)

I am a Linux consultant and trainer (hey, someone has to indoctrinate
the new penguinistas! :-) who has been lurking for a few weeks.  This may
not be
the best place to ask these Qs, so please feel free to point me in the right
direction.

My current curriculum is in StarImpress (StarOffice's "PowerPoint").
I'm redoing it in DocBook/DSSSL so I can get different outputs (HTML, PDF,
RTF, etc.).

The part I can't wrap my head around is this: I don't want my curriculum
to look like a Linux HOWTO, e.g. with a rule across the bottom with
"Previous", "Next", etc.  I want it to look like, well, the M$ curriculum.
If you
haven't seen that layout, at the top of the page there is a bulleted list of
things to discuss or a picture/drawing of some sort.  Below that is text
discussing the topic (I think this would be an "article" in Docbook, no?).
How is that
done? I assume that (the layout) is the job of the DSSSL style-sheets.

Also, has it already been done?  Everything I see wrt Docbook and DSSSL
always looks like a Linux HOWTO.  I assume you guys have more than
one style sheet, no? :-) Where are they and how do I found out what
their output looks like?

Yes, I have "Docbook: The Definitive Guide", I've hit Norm Walsh's
website, the DSSSL web site at uwaterloo, etc.

As I said up above, if there is a better place to be asking this, feel
free to point me that way.

TIA!

--
Faber Fedor, RHCE
LinuxNJ.com - "Linux for New Jersey and the surrounding areas"

http://www.LinuxNJ.com