PC Network bug in Jade 1.2.1, OpenJade 1.3 - is there a workaround?

Subject: PC Network bug in Jade 1.2.1, OpenJade 1.3 - is there a workaround?
From: Karl Critz <kcritz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 09:47:57 -0400
I can't run OpenJade 1.3 or Jade 1.2.1 over the network
on a PC. Jade 1.1.x did not have this problem.

It runs fine on my machine when installed locally,
but when I try to run it from a file server, I get
an error dialog:

-------------
openjade.exe - Application Error
The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000022).
Click on OK to terminate the application.
-------------

I get the same error with opent, osgmlnorm, onsgmls, ospam,
and osx, nsgmls, sgmlnorm, spam, spent, and sx.

I have built Jade and OpenJade for 5 unix platforms and it works
fine on all of them.

Does anyone know of a workaround which will allow these
commands to work on a PC network drive?  My only thought
for right now is to copy the files to a local tempdir, then
delete them after processing.  It seems to me that there
has to be a better way.  Any ideas?

-karl