OpenJade/OpenSP on CygWin ... sort of

Subject: OpenJade/OpenSP on CygWin ... sort of
From: hoenicka_markus <hoenicka_markus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 02:17:06 -0400
Hi all,

I haven't heard much about this topic recently, so I'd like to add the
following
for the record:

OpenSP 1.4 configures and builds out of the box. OpenJade 1.3 cannot be
built completely at the moment as CygWin (DLL version 1.1.4) lacks 4 wide
character functions (in style/LangObj.cxx: wcsxfrm(), wcscoll(),
towupper(),
towlower()) which are used by the locale support (this is a new
OpenJade feature that Jade didn't have). OpenJade can be compiled
without the locale support, though. In contrast to the native Win32
version, all
binaries are statically linked, which explains their larger size.

For those who don't want to compile the stuff themselves, I've uploaded a
binary distribution, see:

http://members.tripod.com/~mhoenicka/openjadesp.html

Comments are welcome, as well as ideas how to implement the missing
functions.

regards,

Markus
hoenicka_markus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx