Re: End tag existance

Subject: Re: End tag existance
From: Daniel Speck <dspeck@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 17:09:14 -0400
Russell Steven Shawn O'Connor wrote:

> Is there a way in DSSSL to determine if an element had an end tag, or
> whether it was ommitted?

I don't think so. This information would need to be recorded in the grove
built from the original SGML document and I don't think this information is.

> Even better, is there a way to determine if an element's content type is
> EMPTY or not, and whether end tags must be ommitted in this case or not.

Yes. There is a property, must-omit-end-tag (I think that's what it is), that
you can test using something like,

(if (node-property 'must-omit-end-tag? (current-node))
    ; do something
    ; otherwise do something else
)

-dan

--
Daniel Speck
Bureau of National Affairs, Inc.               Voice: +1 202.452.6596