ANN: SGML for Windows NT

Subject: ANN: SGML for Windows NT
From: hoenicka_markus <hoenicka_markus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2000 01:35:06 -0400
Hi,

I just want to spread the word that I (finally) updated my tutorial about
installing a free SGML editing and publishing system on Windows. Besides
the usual updates for new software versions there are two new things that
make it worth your while if you stop by:

1) The newest JadeTeX version finally includes an instruction how the
corresponding format files are built *correctly*. These instructions were
translated to MiKTeX and hopefully solve some out of memory problems with
complex documents.

2) Optionally you can integrate the SGML stuff with CygWin as far as
possible. CygWin is a collection of GNU tools (bash, gcc, make, etc) for
Win32. Bash has superior scripting capabilities as compared to the NT
command line, and thus is a nice tool to simplify the processing and
post-processing of SGML documents. This also allows to use a
CygWin-compiled OpenJade, as the only available native OpenJade Win32
binary has a small bug.

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/hoenicka_markus/ntsgml.html

regards,
Markus