RE: (dsssl) Error using docbook dsssl stylesheets: "X20AC" is no t a function name

Subject: RE: (dsssl) Error using docbook dsssl stylesheets: "X20AC" is no t a function name
From: DPawson@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2001 08:11:44 -0000
> > gives no errors. If I do the same but without the xml.dcl
> on the command
> > line, I get the same not-a-function errors.
>
> which confirms what I thought that this is not recognising the &#x
> syntax unless this feature is turned on in the SGML declaration.
>
> I'm more of an xsl person these days, there must be someone
> on this list
> who's used jade within the last year (if not, dsssl is in real
> trouble:-)

Prior to moving over to XML, I'd never heard of this (Unicode)
form on char entities.
My guess is that neither has an SGML processor.

I have a list of SGML entities known to jade, and always
believed I was restricted to this set.
If its still there, try
ftp://ftp.bna.com/pub/dspeck/jade/charnames

I'm sure if you were clever you could add this form in the
declaration, but even then perhaps this is one area where
XML is not a true subset of XML, as applies to Jade?

Regards DaveP