(dsssl) ANN: OpenSP 1.5pre5 released

Subject: (dsssl) ANN: OpenSP 1.5pre5 released
From: Adam Di Carlo <adam@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 20 Feb 2001 02:11:39 -0500
I've uploaded OpenSP 1.5pre5, see http://openjade.sourceforge.net/ .

This release should be quite stable and I believe is of release
quality.  I'm looking for confirmation and wider testing, including
build problems.  RPMs, win32, and solaris packages also welcome (I can
put those up for all).

Once I get confirmation that all is well, I'll release official OpenSP
1.5 (probably numbered as 1.5.1 just so there's no confusion).

The NEWS file on the web site is actually a bit wrong (not from the
branch) so I'll include the relevant portion here.

--
.....Adam Di Carlo....adam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<URL:http://www.onShore.com/>

Changes in OpenSP 1.5pre5

* Fix 32-bit assumptions so we build on 64-bit platforms such
  as Alpha.

* Enable internationalized builds on Win32

* Other Win32 fixes

* Re-instate the '-widref' option which was accidentally removed.

* New -output options: comment, omitted, tagomit and attromit; this
  shows comments and implied elements and/or attributes.
  Patch from Robert Braddock.

* German translation updates

* Build hygene

* Autoconf fix affecting at least some gcc 2.7.x installations

Changes in OpenSP 1.5pre4

* More of Annex K supported: Common data attributes can now be
  specified in external entity declarations.

* The architecture engine supports #MAPTOKEN.

* The multibyte version of OpenSP now uses 32bit chars and supports
  the full UTF-16 range 0x0000-0x10ffff.