Re: (dsssl) Newbie: Line-break problem

Subject: Re: (dsssl) Newbie: Line-break problem
From: Sam Phillips <sam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 11:23:56 -0700
On Wed, Jul 18, 2001 at 02:19:47PM +0200, Eric Brunel wrote:
> >  > I apologize for my ignorance, but where can I set
> > the page size to
> >  > something logical for my part of the world
> > (8.5"x11"), so that lines
> >  > break properly?
> >
> > pass. it must be in your DSSSL stylesheets somewhere
>
> Yep: if you're using a simple-page-sequence, it's in
> the characteristics "page-width:" and "page-height:":
> Look for a command like "(make simple-page-sequence
> ...)" in your DSSSL style sheet and edit or insert
> these characterisitcs to make them look like:
>
> page-width: 8.5in
> page-height: 11in

Ok, I'm using the DocBook stylesheets and I've setup a short stylesheet
that overrides the default page sizes like so:

    (define %paper-type% "USletter")
    (define %left-margin% .5in)
    (define %right-margin% 2.5in)
    (define %top-margin% .5in)
    (define %bottom-margin% .25in)

As you can see I've kicked the right margin over a fair amount.  The
lines that weren't wrapping properly were still not wrapping properly.

So then I tried it by changing the %page-width%

    (define %page-width% 5in)

Once again the same lines refused to wrap properly.

--
Sam Phillips <sam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                http://www.dasbistro.com
Reno                                                              Nevada