(dsssl) Upgrading jadetex

Subject: (dsssl) Upgrading jadetex
From: Lane Stevens <lane@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2001 23:25:00 -0600
The jadetex tar distribution comes with an installation document, but it
doesn't seem to apply well to the case of an upgrade from a previous version
(or perhaps I missed something).

I want to confirm that I did the upgrade correctly.

1) extract distribution to a temporary location.
2) make
3) make install
4) remove temporary files

These are the steps that I followed, and this appeared to work.  No
complaints from any of the steps, and the problem of blank pages that I was
attempting to eliminate seems to have gone away...

These steps differ from the instructions in the doc.  I didn't execute make
from openjade*/dsssl, because new [pdf]jadetex.fmt files were placed into
web2c.

If these are the correct steps, perhaps a README with the tar would be of
assisstance to other upgraders.  If not, please point me toward my next
steps.

Thanks,
Lane.
--