(dsssl) JadeTeX: link problem with pdftex

Subject: (dsssl) JadeTeX: link problem with pdftex
From: "Markus Hoenicka" <hoenicka_markus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 23:51:22 -0600
Hi,

while fiddling with driver files for Norm Walsh's DocBook DSSSL
stylesheets I came across a problem with links in the pdftex
output. Under certain circumstances the links appear as such in the
PDF file (cursor changes shape etc), but the links are non-functional,
i.e. clicking the link does not jump to the target.

I think the culprit are modes in the stylesheet. If the target of a
link is created from within a mode, the link fails. If the target is
created outside an explicit mode, the link works properly.

The following code snippets are from the intermediate TeX files that
the OpenJade backend (1.4devel) creates. In the first case, the
element is processed within a mode, like in:

(mode refdb-mode
  (element bibliomixed
    (make paragraph
     ....)))

The resulting TeX fragment looks like:

\Node%
{\def\Label%
{0:ID2}\def\ProcessingMode%
{refdb-mode}}

If I change the stylesheet so that bibliomixed is processed outside
refdb-mode, I get:

\Node%
{\def\Label%
{0:ID2}}

The first fragment creates an invalid link target in the resulting PDF
file, the second fragment works just fine.

I use JadeTeX 3.5 and pdfTeX 3.14159-13d on Linux. Is this a JadeTeX
problem or a pdfTeX problem? If this is a JadeTeX problem, is this by
any chance fixed in a later version?

Thanks
Markus

--