RE: (dsssl) Re: The Future of DSSSL

Subject: RE: (dsssl) Re: The Future of DSSSL
From: "Didier PH Martin" <martind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2002 14:22:23 -0500
Hi Brandon,

The notes are back online now. You can check them at:
http:www.netfolder.com/DSSSL.

I'll try to get the other notes and them as well on the site. Obviously,
OpenJade may benefit the most from a separation of the groove engine from
the DSSSL engine. Since OpenJade is implemented in C++, XPCOM is a good
candidate. This would imply some modification to the actual classes
inheritance. So instead of inheriting from the groove class we would instead
use a separate XPCOM groove engine. This would allow, to have DSSSL to sit
on top of different engine either with permanence or transient grooves.
Actually, the Openjade's implementation is based on a transient groove.

cheers
Didier PH Martin.