(dsssl) Fw: [OpenJade-devel] Development

Subject: (dsssl) Fw: [OpenJade-devel] Development
From: "Paul Tyson" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 08:37:34 -0800
Javier has the right idea about presenting at XML Europe.  The deadline
for late-breaking news proposals is March 1 (tomorrow, from my time
zone).

I regret I don't have the resources to attend, but it would be great if
someone (or more) submitted a proposal.  Instructions are at
http://www.xmleurope.com/2002/participation.asp.  I have presented at a
past XML Europe conference, and would gladly assist someone prepare the
paper or develop demos.

I have heard rumors in past years that the editorial preference of GCA's
XML conferences is to neglect or ignore topics related to the ISO
standards--SGML, DSSSL, and HyTime.  The program committee might not
even be interested in this type of proposal, but it wouldn't hurt to
try.

The next good conference for presentation would be Extreme Markup in
August.

--Paul

Paul Tyson, Principal Consultant                   Precision Documents
paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx              http://precisiondocuments.com
     "The art and science of document engineering."