Re: (dsssl) siblings... and other functions

Subject: Re: (dsssl) siblings... and other functions
From: "Paul Tyson" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2002 09:00:33 -0800
Dave, and others:

I am preparing reference material for DSSSL functions.  I plan to divide the material into separate documents for the expression language, SDQL, transformation language, and style language.  I am leaning toward putting all the syntactic-keyword forms (if, cond, lambda, let, define, etc.) in yet another section.  I could generate a master index to all functions.

I can certainly add implementation status to this reference material.  I will include all standard procedures, whether or not they are implemented anywhere.  But each function description will clearly indicate what applications implement it.  At this time the only implementations I know of are jade, openjade, and DSSSLprint.  Any others to consider?  For the style language in jade and openjade, back-end limitations will also be indicated.

I'll keep you informed of the progress.  Comments and suggestions welcome.

--Paul