Re: (dsssl) siblings... and other functions

Subject: Re: (dsssl) siblings... and other functions
From: Dave Pawson <DaveP@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 02 Mar 2002 07:34:04 +0000
At 09:00 02/03/2002 -0800, Paul Tyson wrote:
Dave, and others:

I am preparing reference material for DSSSL functions. I plan to divide the material into separate documents for the expression language, SDQL, transformation language, and style language. I am leaning toward putting all the syntactic-keyword forms (if, cond, lambda, let, define, etc.) in yet another section. I could generate a master index to all functions.

Do you want the xml definition for the fns.html I did, as a starter? Add to that rather than start from scratch?

It would just want grouping then, rather than generating.

I can certainly add implementation status to this reference material. I will include all standard procedures, whether or not they are implemented anywhere.

That's what is in the appendix.... or am I misunderstanding you?

But each function description will clearly indicate what applications implement it. At this time the only implementations I know of are jade, openjade, and DSSSLprint. Any others to consider? For the style language in jade and openjade, back-end limitations will also be indicated.

I'll keep you informed of the progress. Comments and suggestions welcome.

The present material links back to the spec, which has 'a' description of the functions:-)
Most of the procedures library has very little comment, so any build there would be
worth while.

let me know if you want the xml..

PS

Rory has given me a section on running OpenJade, I've included it in the tools chapter.
One more to tick off. Thanks Rory.

Regards DaveP