Re: (dsssl) About define-language.

Subject: Re: (dsssl) About define-language.
From: Brandon Ibach <bibach@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 08:34:46 -0600
Quoting Raul Chirea <raul_chirea@xxxxxxxxx>:
> It apears that may previous question about how to make string comparison
> functions work was not pertinent enough.
> So, I'll ask you to tell me where/how can I get some examples of
> "define-language" usage, because the definition in the DSSSL specification
> is too complicated for me !

   Join the club... I hate I18N stuff.  No offense to those who
require it, mind you.  Anyway...
   All of the string comparison functions (which do not exist in Jade,
only OpenJade) require a language to be specified in order to
determine how characters, and thus strings, should be ordered.  The
DSSSL spec provides (declare-default-language) to specify a language,
but it needs to be passed a "language" object, and the only means the
spec provides is the (define-language) procedure, which requires a
complicated specification of orderings and such.
   Fortunately, at the same time the string comparison functions were
added to OpenJade, an extension function was also added which allows
you to get a language object for any POSIX locale supported by the
operating system.
   The following is untested, so let me know if this doesn't work:

(define language
  (external-procedure "UNREGISTERED::OpenJade//Procedure::language"))

(declare-default-language (language 'en 'us))

   Put all that near the top of your stylesheet, and you should be
able to use the comparison functions.

-Brandon :)