RE: (dsssl) Keywords

Subject: RE: (dsssl) Keywords
From: daniel lance herrick <dan.herrick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2002 13:48:31 -0400 (EDT)
On Wed, 3 Jul 2002, Didier PH Martin wrote:

>  If you do not have
> yet the specifications in hands you'll find them at:
> ftp://ftp.ornl.gov/pub/sgml/WG8/DSSSL/dsssl96b.pdf

I've been trying for two days to get the standard
from ftp.ornl.gov - as soon as I give my (e-mail
address) password as an anonymous user it sends
"230-" and stops talking to me.

Is there anywwhere else where I could get the
DSSSL Standard, itself?

I've been trying all three of the links below, quoted from an old note
by Jon Bosak in an FTP directory on www.ibiblio.org. Probably occam
was Mr. Bosak's personal system when he was at Novell, way back when,
and they don't keep it online (or anywhere).

++A PostScript copy of the DSSSL standard, ISO/IEC 10179:1996, can be
++found in
++
++   ftp://ftp.ornl.gov/pub/sgml/wg8/dsssl/dsssl96f.ps.Z
++   ftp://ftp.ornl.gov/pub/sgml/wg8/dsssl/dsssl96b.ps.Z
++
++An earlier and almost identical committee draft of the same document
++is available online at
++
++   http://occam.sjf.novell.com:8080/dsssl/dsssl96/

We have this big mass of SGML documents that are the data underlying
an RFQ we're trying to respond to in two weeks with a working
prototype, now I can parse the documents and I've reached the point
where I understand that I want to process them with openjade under the
control of a DSSSL stylesheet that I'm going to write.

I desperately need a reference for the syntax (and semantics!) of
DSSSL stylesheets.

dan