(dsssl) Flurry of errors in onsgmls--can't read xml.dcl?

Subject: (dsssl) Flurry of errors in onsgmls--can't read xml.dcl?
From: maurice chadwick york <mcyork@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 00:26:22 -0600 (CST)
I am getting a screen full of the same error from onsgmls when trying to
validate xml documents.  I'm using openjade 1.3.1 on mac os x and running
the command

onsgmls -wxml xml.dcl sermon.xml

The errors I get back (basically one for every element) are in the form

onsgmls:sermon.dtd:1:46:E: omitted tag minimization parameter can be
omitted only if "OMITTAG NO" is specified on the SGML declaration

When I check the xml.dcl file, "OMITTAG NO" is clearly set. Any ideas on
what the problem might be here?
Thanks,
Maurice York
Universit of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign