Re: (dsssl) Flurry of errors in onsgmls--can't read xml.dcl?

Subject: Re: (dsssl) Flurry of errors in onsgmls--can't read xml.dcl?
From: "Pavel Tolkachev" <pavel.tolkachev@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 15:38:10 -0500
Just an at random shot: doesn't it complain on the absense of the terminating slash in an EMPTY docbook elements like xref ?

Pavel

                      Adam DiCarlo
                      <adam@xxxxxxxxxxxx>               To:       dssslist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                      Sent by:                          cc:
                      owner-dssslist@xxxxxxxxxxx        Subject:  Re: (dsssl) Flurry of errors in onsgmls--can't read xml.dcl?
                      rrytech.com

                      02/24/2003 01:57 PM
                      Please respond to dssslist

maurice chadwick york <mcyork@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I am getting a screen full of the same error from onsgmls when trying to
> validate xml documents.  I'm using openjade 1.3.1 on mac os x and running
> the command
>
> onsgmls -wxml xml.dcl sermon.xml
>
> The errors I get back (basically one for every element) are in the form
>
> onsgmls:sermon.dtd:1:46:E: omitted tag minimization parameter can be
> omitted only if "OMITTAG NO" is specified on the SGML declaration
>
> When I check the xml.dcl file, "OMITTAG NO" is clearly set. Any ideas on
> what the problem might be here?

Cite exactly what the first few errors are (possibly using the -E4
switch).  I would guess it's not able to find xml.dcl.

--
...Adam Di Carlo...<adam@xxxxxxxxxxxx>.......<URL:http://www.onshored.com/>