Re: (dsssl) Loop and Data content

Subject: Re: (dsssl) Loop and Data content
From: tmcd@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 11:56:19 -0400 (EDT)
No, I actually didn't know about the (data ...) function.  Or, rather,
I'd seen it, but the DSSSL standard just said "Returns a string
containing the concatenation of the data of each member of nl.".  It
doesn't define what it means by "data" -- I presume it is a formal XML
term defined in the XML or SGML specifications or something -- so I
didn't know what "data" it was.  Many thanks, Holger and Javi!

Since I plan to use the data in string comparisons, I think I *do*
want "entityrefs expanded", if Holger Klawitter meant that it will
turn ä and ä into a real a-with-umlaut (in the ä case,
using the entity definitions provided).

Holger wrote:
> tmcd wrote:
> >    <ltt-name></ltt-name>
> >from
> >    <ltt-name>A name goes here</ltt-name>
>
> In the first case, the grove element will not have content. In the
> other case it will have content in form of data-char nodes, one for
> each letter.

By "content", you mean "children" in the sense of "(children nl)"?
But I presume that (data ...) applied to the first would be equal to
"", so I can use that instead.

--
Tim McDaniel, tmcd@xxxxxxxxx; tmcd@xxxxxxxxxx is my work address