(dsssl) DocBook+Ant+Math

Subject: (dsssl) DocBook+Ant+Math
From: "Joerg K. Wegner" <wegnerj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2003 10:22:11 +0200
Hi,

i'm not sure if this is the correct forum, but after some annoying tries to reach Dave Pawson (the author of DocBook+Ant)
http://www.dpawson.co.uk/docbook/ant.html
by E-Mail i just want to try. Any comments are welcome !

two things:
1. Formulas under DocBook:LaTeX->GIF
2. Saxon parser problems
1. I use a LaTeX->GIF workaround and include the images under DocBook.
Eventually a xsl definition which does a precompiling task out of a Java interpreter is still possible (for people which are more familiar with xsl parsers). Only the LaTeX and ImageMagick's convert path is required, eventually some more options. Here is the plain script.
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/joelib/joelib/docs/docbook/formulas/descriptors/createImages.sh?rev=1.1&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

BTW, i create also Plucker documents (from ant) for my Palm using the generated HTML file and they looks great, also the formulas !!!
In my opinion the only way for Palm documents, because the PDF documents on a Palm are worse, especially the formulas !

2. Now the problems:
For
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/joelib/joelib/docs/docbook/JOELibTutorial.xml?rev=1.18&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup
i got the following errors. The tutorial will be generated without any problems by Jade, so what is goind wrong here ?

Cannot find CatalogManager.properties
Error on line 36 column 20 of file:/D:/workingAt/joelib/docs/docbook/JOELibTutorial.xml:
Error reported by XML parser: unexpected character after internal DTD subset (found "p") (expected ">")
Transformation failed: Run-time errors were reported

If i remove public ...
i got a new error in the imageobject, when rsolving that some mysterious
?> expected errors ...

So could you please send me a working example with all required property and class files !!! Unfortunately, I only a limited debugging ability for XSL !!!
E.g. a (simple) tutorial, because in my opinion my tutorial is already complex a complex example would be fine also, to have a look at your styles and workarounds.

Regards, Joerg
--
Dipl. Chem. Joerg K. Wegner
Center of Bioinformatics Tuebingen (ZBIT)