Re: [dssslist] macro and XPath features?

Subject: Re: [dssslist] macro and XPath features?
From: "Oleg A. Paraschenko" <olpa@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 03:45:54 +0400
  Hi Javier,

On Sun, 25 Sep 2005 11:43:06 +0200
Javier Farreres <spanish@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Oleg
>
> >  I mean something like "define-syntax" or "define-macro". Something
> >  that
> >can introduce new syntax to the language.
> >

> DSSSL being a Scheme descendant, has the (define clause that allows you
> to define anything.

  I found that DSSSL is R4RS Scheme descendant, not R5RS. I don't remember
what is R4RS and if it had macro. In R5RS I can define, for example, new
syntactic construction "my-let" which works exactly like "let"

(my-let ((x 2)) (* x x))  ==>  4

  "my-let" can't be defined as a procedure.

> >* quasiquote
> >
> >  It seems it's supported. That's nice.
> >

> What do you mean by quasiquote? sorry?

  That's very nice syntactic sugar. Instead of writing

(list 'a (list 'b c)) ; c is a variable

  I can write

--
Oleg Paraschenko  olpa@ http://xmlhack.ru/  XML news in Russian