Re: [jats-list] future of Preview XSLT

Subject: Re: [jats-list] future of Preview XSLT
From: Tommie Usdin <btusdin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2012 09:52:22 -0400
Hi Kevin --

With respect to the specific issue you mention:

On Aug 8, 2012, at 6:18 PM, Kevin Hawkins wrote:
> I ask because if you use the BMJ sample article provided at:
>
> http://jats.nlm.nih.gov/publishing/tag-library/0.4/index.html
>
> and render with Preview XSLT, the superscript letters next to each author's
names don't come out as working hyperlinks.  See what my colleague has
produced:

> http://www-personal.umich.edu/~nasirg/bmj_html.xml

This seems to be a weakness in the tagged sample; it does not contain the
ID/IDREF information needed to make those into live links. (While it would be
possible to base the links on analysis of the element content this would
assume that all publishers used exactly the same naming/numbering scheme,
which would lead to creation of a very fragile stylesheet.) So, we will
improve the tagged sample.

Thank you for pointing this out.

-- Tommie

B. Tommie Usdin                        mailto:btusdin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx