Re: [jats-list] @content-type on elements for bibliographic citations?

Subject: Re: [jats-list] @content-type on elements for bibliographic citations?
From: Bruce Rosenblum <bruce@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2012 12:36:47 -0400
Hi Kevin,

With respect to one specific item in your questions, I believe it's generally more flexible to use mixed-citation when tagging non-journal references rather than element-citation because you can run into cases where element citation just doesn't work well for some more unusual non-journal (e.g. book, book chapter, conference papers, or gray literature) references. You might want to look at my JATS-con paper and presentation from 2011 (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK62602/) for more information about tagging references in general.

Best regards,

Bruce