Re: [jats-list] JATS 1.1 request: kwd-group in more locations

Subject: Re: [jats-list] JATS 1.1 request: kwd-group in more locations
From: Wendell Piez <wapiez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2012 16:41:25 -0400
On Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 2:23 PM, Kelly, Laura (NIH/NLM/NCBI) [E]
<kelly@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>It would seem better to me to simply add and maintain a generic
>>"metadata bundle" element than to push things partway in that
>>direction and then want to refactor later.
>
> I think we're already partway in that direction. The fig and table-wrap
models both already allow attrib and permissions. So if we were to bundle them
now, it would be a non-backward compatible change.

Yes, I saw that today ... boo.

> I wasn't sold on adding the <kwd-group> to Authoring until I checked out the
article-meta model and saw that <kwd-group> is allowed. Thought I have to say
that I'm still not wholly convinced it's needed, but there is a precedent for
allowing keywords in Authoring. Whether or not publishers actually use those
keywords is another issue entirely.

Yet Authoring does not now allow 'sec-meta', with the effect that
sections can't get their own keywords.

Since (as you said) the clean consistent solution won't be
backwards-compatible ... I'm happy to defer to others to balance the
tradeoffs.

Cheers,
Wendell

XML | XSLT | electronic publishing